Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

I'd like to make a garden

dodgyhodge
Just Starting Out

I'd like to make a garden

I have a field...18x9 metres to work with that gets all day sun(within reason) and it's north facing.

I have planted tiger grass on northern boundary fence as privacy screen. Now time to plant more and make it exciting...I need a design ! I have 4 Frangipanis one baby Hybiscus two Sun Parasol and access to Dracena....and lots of succulents, but of course can purchase others. I'd love a grass garden but how ? I'm useless...

But I need a design ! Can anyone offer me ideas/drawing so then I can follow it...

Photo looking east I'm right on western boundary line 

Screenshot_20230113-221535_Messenger.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: I'd like to make a garden

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @dodgyhodge. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about designing a garden.

You might like to have a read through these helpful articles: 

I'd suggest you also make use of the Gardena myGarden planner. It's a great visualisation tool to help you plan where you'd like plants and structures to be positioned. I've had a go and included an additional decking area with seating, more screening, a feature tree and a corner of the yard dedicated to a flowering shrub bed. The possibilities are endless, really. I recommend you give the planner a go and see if some layouts are appealing.

Please have a look through the articles and have a play with the planner, then let our helpful members know if there are any questions they can assist you with.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: I'd like to make a garden

Wow thank you for your response ! 

I'll look at all these things thank you. Like the sound of the Gardena ! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects