Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Is there a pole hedge trimmer for the Ryobi 36V pruner?

KSalisbury6
Just Starting Out

Is there a pole hedge trimmer for the Ryobi 36V pruner?

I have a 36V Ryobi Pole pruner unit. Also have the 36V hedge trimmer unit which can do body height hedging. Wanting to know if there is a compatible 36V pole hedge trimmer unit I can use in lieu of pole pruner when needed. Find that pruner does not do the job on thinner tree growth needing to be trimmed.. Noted there is a 18V unit however would prefer 36V if unit available.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ryobi 36V accessories

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @KSalisbury6. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about 36V Ryobi attachments.

Could you let us know what unit you have or take a picture of it? Let me know if you need assistance uploading an image.

Ryobi does not manufacture a separate hedge trimmer attachment to suit the Ryobi 36V 8" 20cm Cordless Pole Pruner. This is due to the Ryobi 36V 44cm Cordless Pole Hedge Trimmer using the Ryobi Expand-It Hedge Trimmer Attachment and a rear motor setup. I believe this is a design decision as, unlike the pruner, where you can rest the front mount motor assembly on the branch you're cutting to bear its weight, the hedge trimmer needs to be constantly held above the hedge. This would be exceptionally difficult if the 36v motor were mounted at the front, not the rear, as seen on the standalone model. As you've mentioned, that option is there for the 18V version, but the size difference between the 36V motor might be the governing factor in the motor's location.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks Mitchell for your reply it is as I thought. Have to weigh up getting the !8V unit against standing on a ladder with standard hedge trimmer. It is a no brainer at my age so just have to bite the bullet! Kevin

Yes, do take care @KSalisbury6.

We have a guide How to use ladders safely but in this instance the safer option might indeed be to invest in another tool.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects