Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Is this grass or weed?

Rustyd0g
Finding My Feet

Is this grass or weed?

Hello good people.

Have I got a weed of type of grass here ?

20240201_111355~2.jpg

20240201_111401~2.jpg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Is this grass or weed?

Sorry @Rustyd0g, it's a weed. It is Paspalum. Our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert Mitch has previously shared this advice:

I'd recommend using David Grays 500ml Crab Grass and Clover Killer Selective Herbicide, as it will control Paspalum and a variety of other common lawn weeds. Unfortunately, spot spraying will likely cause some lawn damage so a Yates Zero applicator wand to apply the herbicide will prevent overspray onto the surrounding grass and potentially killing it too.

Please remember your personal protective equipment when spraying and mixing herbicides including a face mask, safety glasses, a long-sleeved shirt and trousers, and enclosed footwear.

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's good to have you join us.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Rustyd0g 

That is definitely Paspalum weed. I would go with the suggested weed killer. Just to add to the suggestions made, I recommend using a Cyclone Stand-up Weeder Timber Handle if the infestation is not yet too bad. Mechanical removal will stop further infestation and make it more difficult for the weed to spread itself.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects