Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Letter box add on

Jamespeter100
Making a Splash

Letter box add on

051891A7-990A-4233-823B-8B03C24E8B0B.jpeg

Since 1983, haven’t had a tube for rolled up advertising material. Hence, thought of what would make a length of PVC pipe look better. A dog. There is a Downlight hole saw that suits the diameter of the PVC pipe. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Letter box add on

Hi @Jamespeter100

I honestly can't recall the last time I received rolled-up advertising material. But your dog looks great! That is truly an amazing way to make the newspaper holder look so much better. Come to think of it I can't recall the last time I received a physical copy of the newspaper.

Thank you very much for sharing such a wonderful project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Good morning! That's extremely clever @Jamespeter100 !

What's happening at the back - to support the PVC pipe?

Too good for my area. 😔 I do see a chain attached?

We get a lot of drunks staggering home on Friday and Saturday night who would rip away something nice like this in an instant. Christmas decorations are also regularly vandalised.

Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @EricL !

"I honestly can't recall the last time I received rolled-up advertising material."

I'm amazed! Is junk mail less seen in city areas?

We get a huge amount in the rural area where I am. I don't mind it and of course you can drape your mailbox with "No Junk Mail" stickers but I like to see what's out there and sometimes you can save money looking at competitors catalogues. Like @Jamespeter100 I had to do something to stop the junk mail jamming the mail box mouth and preventing the 'real' mail being delivered. I just went with a section of galvanised pipe, brackets welded on and attached to the brick. This is filled twice a week.

What I can't recall seeing lately Eric - are Bunnings catalogues. Has that been stopped?

20230119_075841.jpg

The chain cost more than the wood. There is another cut out at the back for the pvc pipe. There is a cove to stop the pipe sliding out the back. 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can always read the latest Bunnings catalogue here @Noyade - https://www.bunnings.com.au/catalogue

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noyade
Kind of a Big Deal

I appreciate that @Jason 

But I love to sit outside with a coffee or coke (diet!) at a table with the catalogues spread out to pour over and sometimes circled with a texta or tear away something that interests me. 😁

Same with books - gotta be physically held and paper pages turned.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects