Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Major leaf curl on my lime tree

Mikado1
Just Starting Out

Major leaf curl on my lime tree

I need some help, please. I pruned my lime tree last year which promoted vigorous growth.   The bush was looking great until I noticed a stink bug on one of the leaves. This was about November.   To my amazement on closer examination, the tree was infested with these creatures. They were everywhere.  I sprayed the tree with insecticide from Bunnings and that stopped them in their tracks.   Now nearly all the new growth leaves are curling up & it looks hideous.   No fruit at all.  Soil seems ok with moisture under the surface. Not real wet or damp.  Tree in full sun.     Should I prune back now all the new growth and wipe this season off or is there an alternative to another vigorous prune?  I would dearly appreciate some advice.  PS  Forgot to advise, I am in Erskine Park - Sydney.  

Barry 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Major leaf curl on my Lime Tree

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community Barry (@Mikado1). It's sensational to have you join us and many thanks for your question about lime tree care.

Are you able to share an image of the tree? That would be beneficial for our members when trying to diagnose what this issue might be. 

If you open these curled leaves, are there any insects inside them? If not, the leaf curl could have to do with the plant getting too much or not enough water. What's the weather been like in your location? Hot and dry or wet? The curling could also be fungus related.

We look forward to seeing the plant and hearing some more details. With the help of our knowledgeable community members, I'm sure we'll have the issue resolved in no time.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects