Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Plant stand using old bar stool

JayRay
Getting Established

Plant stand using old bar stool

Used old wooden bar stools to make plant stands

Materials

old wooden bars stools bought from op shops

Tools

Drills and screws with wooden bath matt for top

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Plant stand using old bar stool

Hi @JayRay,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community! It is awesome to have you and thank you for sharing your bar stool plant stand with us. We would love to know more about your project. What did you attach to the top of the barstool? Is the paint colour standard black? Did you use paint or spray? 

Workshop members sometimes find their projects popping into our Top Ideas articles like 7 stylish plant stands. You never know, you might find your project in there one day. We hope Workshop becomes a valuable platform for you, offering inspiration and guidance for all your DIY endeavors. If you ever need any assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to support you throughout your DIY journey.  

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
JayRay
Getting Established

Hi Katie

The top of the plant stand I used a wooden bath matt and I sprayed it with Squirts paint & prime gloss black

I used timber under the top and in the middle of the stool to give it strength and to be more stable

I will check out the articles you have of stylish plants stands which will give ideas for future stands to make

thanks

Jeff

JayRay
Getting Established

IMG_0614.JPG20230725_081822.jpgIMG_0608.JPG

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Morning @JayRay 

Now thats one to upcycle an old barstool :smile: Tho I still would want to use it as it looks so trendy!

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects