Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Raised garden beds

darylhewston
Becoming a Leader

Raised garden beds

Hi all,

I actually thought I had posted this a while back but apparently not.  Here are a couple of beds I put together with the help of my trusty labourer (Deb).

Just built (as part of our backyard makeover)

IMG_2733.jpg

Approx 6-7 months later and ready for another coat of linseed oil.

IMG_4332.jpg

The above bed was built with 200 x 50 x 3000mm H3 treated pine (safe for gardens) and in hindsight I wish I had used 75mm thick timber.  I welded up my own internal brackets and got them hot dipped galvanised for extra protection.

The bed below was built with the 75mm thick treated pine and is much sterdier than the one above.  I also installed some wire mesh for the peas and made up a couple of strawberry pipes.

garden bed 1.jpg

The following one was actually made out of an old Telstra pit which was been thrown out.  I knew I could put it to good use.  A base made of treated pine was made to keep it upright and trimmed with recycled mini-orb sheeting.

TelstraPit.jpg

Thanks for watching.

Cheers'n'beers

Deb n Daryl

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Raised garden beds

Great, many thanks for sharing @darylhewston. Fantastic work.

I hadn't seen a strawberry pipe before - that's a really good idea. I wonder whether master strawberry grower @Annette has tried it?

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects