Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Ryobi One+ 18v Lawn Mower

Amrit
Finding My Feet

Ryobi One+ 18v Lawn Mower

Hi!

I`m looking to purchase a Ryobi One+ 18v Lawn Mower since I already have 2 Ryobi One+ 18V 2.5AH batteries.

I have a small front yard around 55 sq.m.

I wanted advise if the Ryobi One+ 18V 2.5AH batteries will survive a fortnightly run.

Cheers,

Amrit

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Ryobi One+ 18v Lawn Mower

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Amrit. It's fantastic to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about Ryobi batteries.

Were there any particular concerns that you had? All Ryobi batteries are designed to be used in their tools on a regular basis. There's nothing wrong with using your 2.5AH batteries once a fortnight.

Bear in mind, you can purchase the Ryobi One+ 18V 33cm Lawn Mower - Tool Only at $279 or the Ryobi 18V ONE+ 4.0Ah 33cm Lawn Mower Kit, including a 4.0AH battery and charger for $329. That is $50 more for a Ryobi 18V ONE+ 4.0Ah Battery and Charger Combo Kit that would typically cost you $129 on its own.

For the price difference, it might be worth having the larger AH battery at hand to run in the mower, as you should be able to do the whole front lawn easily on the 4.0AH battery.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks @MitchellMc 

My concerns were primarily about the 2.5 AH batteries and whether they would last for the 30 minute run.

I`ll also consider the 4.0 AH battery option..

Thanks,

Amrit

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

The kit has "Up to 25 minutes runtime with the 4.0Ah battery." @Amrit, so you might make your 30-minute runtime with the two 2.5Ah batteries. If it were me, I'd purchase the kit with the 4.0 Ah battery and use one of the 2.5Ah's to finish the job. It will be disappointing if your two 2.5Ah's don't quite do the job, and you're left having to buy another battery at full price or wait for one to recharge to finish the job.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects