Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What alternatives to CCA treated Pine for a fence?

courtneylouise
Finding My Feet

What alternatives to CCA treated Pine for a fence?

We to put a fence around our veggie garden to stop animals eating our food. I do not want to use CCA treated pine for safety. Can anyone suggest other options. We live remotely and only really have access to Bunnings. Bunnings doesn’t seem to sell ACQ or MicroPro treated posts. I was looking at Merbau posts but not sure how these will go being concreted into the ground. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: acq treated pine /garden bed fence

Hello @courtneylouise 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about garden edging.

Can you please tell me what the closest store is in your area? Perhaps I can try and track down some ACQ or MicroPro for you. How many pieces will you be needing and what size are you after? In regards to Merbau posts it's classified as having a class 3 rating which makes it usable for in ground applications.  

There is also 69 x 7mm 5.7m Edging Merbau FJ KD. However, I suggest double checking its size to make sure that it is suitable for your needs.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

We need 11 posts and we’re looking at 3m length but are flexible with the length. Our closest Bunnings is Batemans Bay.

Thanks so much 

Hello @courtneylouise 

Thank you for your patience. A similar product you can use is called the Sleeper Ironwood Edge Sienna 200 x 50 x 2.4 - I/N 0333672. It is available at the Batemans Bay store. It can be used for vegetable gardens. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric    

We are after posts not sleepers.

Thanks

Hello @courtneylouise 

My apologies, if you are after after a square shaped timber post, you are correct and there is no Sienna/MicroPro timber in that shape. However, if you are after that particular shape, I propose having a look at the Merbau Posts. They come in various sizes and lengths, but its best to give the store a call to check for availability.   

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects