Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What garden tool to use to trim trees and plants?

Mubeena
Finding My Feet

What garden tool to use to trim trees and plants?

Hi,

I need some tool to maintain this Garden.

Previously I have no experience in Gardening as I was living in unit.

There are some trees in the backyard and some at the front.

What would be best tool to trim and cut the trees and Plants? 

IMG-20220206-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20220206-WA0001.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Garden Tool

Hello @Mubeena

Thank you for sharing your question about garden tools. If you are looking after the entire garden, will you be doing the lawn mowing as well? If you are, you'll need a lawnmower and a line trimmer. These will be the basic tools you'll need to maintain the lawn. As for the trees and shrubs, I suggest getting secateurs and hedge shears. These should be sufficient to maintain the garden. If you are adding more plants to your garden then getting a Saxon 3 Piece Garden Tool Set With Kneeling Pad would be ideal.

If you have any other questions about your garden we can help with, please don't hesitate to post them.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What garden tool to use to trim trees and plants?

Hi @Mubeena,

How are you going with selecting some tools to maintain your garden?

The guide Essential garden tools for beginners and beyond should have all the advice you need. Have a look and please don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or need some recommendations on what tools are appropriate for you.

All the best,

Jason

mhennes
Just Starting Out

I need your advice on my garden, are you able to help, 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

We would be happy to help in any way we can @mhennes.

Please hit the Start a discussion button and share as much detail as possible about your garden and what you would like to do. Please also include some photos as they really help other members see what you are working with so they can provide more specific advice.  

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. I'm sure you'll find we have loads of helpful members who are sharing wonderfully inspiring projects and terrific advice every day.

Jason

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects