Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What is wrong with my lemon tree?

Kushal
Just Starting Out

What is wrong with my lemon tree?

DB124638-86AF-49EB-A1A8-53D4943E491B.jpeg

90CA53A9-F1A6-476A-9622-29EFBB1B89A8.jpeg

Could you please help me to cure the my lemon tree disease? 
I don’t understand what is happening with it. It was healthy for almost two years until I change the location and the soil ? Purchased blend cow manure. 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What is wrong with my lemon tree?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Kushal. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about lemon tree care.

Could you please let us know if you mixed the cow manure blend with soil or used only it to re-pot the plant? If you only used cow manure, then that's likely why your plant isn't doing so well. Cow manure is a type of fertiliser and should only be added to a soil mix in small quantities. In your pot, you might use nine parts potting mix and one part cow manure. 100% cow manure will probably kill the plant.

Having your plant hard up against a brick wall is not a great position. During midday, the wall will heat up and radiate heat back onto the foliage. I'd suggest moving the plant away from the wall, re-potting with Scotts Osmocote 25L Citrus And Fruit Premium Potting Mix and keeping the water up to it. Water whenever the top 10cm of the soil starts to dry out.

You should find this guide useful: How to grow and care for a lemon tree.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects