Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What size pipe for irrigation system with 14 drippers?

Koops
Just Starting Out

What size pipe for irrigation system with 14 drippers?

I am growing 14 jasmine climbers around our small yard and sidepath up some screening that i built.

I want to install an automatic irrigation system but not sure on a couple of things.

The total length from the tap to the last plant is 37m with 3 x 90 degree turns around the yard.

Tap fill s a 10ltr bucket in around 26 seconds.

Not sure what size piping i need to run?

And figuring i only need 14 drippers at each plant but not sure which ones work best for this project?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What size pipe for irrigation system with 14 drippers?

Hi @Koops 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about building an irrigation system.

There are a few things to take into consideration regarding your irrigation system. But before I make any recommendations, would it be possible for you to post a few photos of the location? This will give our members a better idea of the layout and how far apart the jasmine are.

Generally speaking, I try to future proof my installations as much as possible so between the 13mm and 19mm, I suggest going with the 19mm to allow more water to flow should you update or change your system. I'm very keen on adjustability and often suggest using the Pope Veri-Flow Threaded Trickler Dripper - 10 Pack.

I also recommend having a look at these guides - How to install a drip irrigation watering system and Understanding a drip irrigation watering system by @Adam_W 

Here are some excellent discussions regarding irrigation systems:

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects