Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Whats the best mini chainsaw for gardening?

Denbuilt
Getting Established

Whats the best mini chainsaw for gardening?

whats the best mini chainsaw for gardening. I have dewalt & makita batteries already

Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

Re: Whats the best mini chainsaw for gardening?

If you have Dewalt & Makita batteries already, save yourself the hassle of a new brand and stick with them, I have next to 0 knowledge on them though. If you're wanting a change, I use the Ryobi One+ 18V HP 12" (30cm) Brushless Cordless Chainsaw but it's a bit overkill for a lot of what I do (does make it more fun though), my wife uses the Ryobi 18V ONE+ Hedge & Grass Shears which does most of our yard work well. 

Remarka6le
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Denbuilt 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have yo join us, and thanks for sharing your question regarding a mini chainsaw for gardening.

Both Dewalt and Makita are trusted brands when it comes to tools. But Makita leads the way when it comes to chainsaw size. They start at 115mm all the way up to 400mm and can be purchased as skin only. The main question of course is, how much and what size of timber will you be cutting? 

The Makita 18V 10" 250mm Brushless Chainsaw DUC254Z is an impressive mini saw that provides excellent cutting power for small to medium sized tree trunks. For larger trees, I suggest having a look at the longer units. 

I suggest visiting your local store and having a look at the Makita chainsaw line up and see which one will suit your needs.   

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Denbuilt
Getting Established

Tks for the advice

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects