Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Why are curry plant and holy basil leaves developing yellow spots?

hmmm12
Just Starting Out

Why are curry plant and holy basil leaves developing yellow spots?

Hi Team, I have been growing curry tree and holy basil purchased from the bunnings in my apartment balcony. But soon after a month all the leaves have started showing yellow spots throughout just like shown below in the photos. This has been similar problems for curry tree plant as well. I have tried placing in sun light and off it periodilcally but nothing seem to help me. Even the new leaves coming out of holy basil and curry plant have adequate yellow spots shown in the photos. Can you help out what can I do to solve this issue?

IMG_5778.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Why are curry plant and holy basil leaves developing yellow spots?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @hmmm12. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about curry plant care.

I might need to tag a couple of our horticultural experts, @Noelle and @mich1972, in on this one, as I'm not entirely sure what's going on there.

Have you fertilised recently, or are there any signs of bugs on the plant?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Noelle
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @hmmm12 

The damage in your photo looks like a spider mite attack, in my opinion. These mites are tiny insects that usually "hide" on the undersides of leaves and they're sap suckers. Every minute spot where they pierce the leaf will develop a tiny spot visible on the top and bottom of a leaf. Badly affected leaves will eventually die and drop off. Given the severity of your infestation, the plants could die.

Spray the upper and undersides of all leaves with Nature's Way Vegie & Herb Pest Spray, eco-Neem, or eco-oil, following label instructions for use.

Be sure to wear gardening gloves and any other protective equipment required when using garden pest controls and other products.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Appreciate your assistance @Noelle!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects