Workshop
Ask a question

Why does my cumquat tree have yellow dots on leaves?

ashroj
Just Starting Out

Why does my cumquat tree have yellow dots on leaves?

image.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: why my Kumquat tree has yellow dots on leaves

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @ashababy. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about cumquat care.

Here's a helpful guide you might like to read through: How to grow and care for a cumquat. When was the last time you fertilised? I suspect the cause of the yellowing leaves could be a nutrient deficiency. If you haven't done so recently, I recommend applying a citrus fertiliser such as Scotts Osmocote 500g Citrus and Fruit Controlled Release Fertiliser.

Other issues that could cause this yellow are improper watering practices, such as overwatering or underwatering, environmental stressors, like extreme temperatures, and soil pH imbalances. Here's another useful guide: How to diagnose a sick plant.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks MitchellMc. I think there is citrus leaf miner also on top of yellow dots on some leaves.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Citrus leaf minier is dealt with by using horticultural oils such as PestOil, @ashroj. As for the yellow dots, let me mention @Noelle and @mich1972 to see if they have any thoughts.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi @ashroj 

I agree with Mitchell about the yellowing of the leaves - definitely a nutrient deficiency which can be rectified by applying a citrus fertiliser as per the instructions on the label.

The leaves are not showing symptoms of citrus leaf miner, in my opinion. However, the yellow dots look like there could be scale insects or mites on the undersides of leaves which are sucking sap and causing the dots to appear on the upper sides of leaves.  Check for pests on the backs of leaves and use the PestOil recommended by Mitchell if any are present.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects