Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Chalk paint salt and pepper grinders

Wendy56
Cultivating a Following

Chalk paint salt and pepper grinders

My salt and pepper grinders were ready for the bin, but I had been wanting to do a  chalk paint project so decided that this would be my first attempt at using chalk paint to see what all the hype was about … very happy with the result … now onto bigger projects! 

Materials

Sugar soap, sand paper, chalk paint, clear, finishing wax

Tools

Steps

Step 1

Use sugar soap to thoroughly clean the timber, then sand  with fine grade, sandpaper, wipe down again with sugar soap, allow to dry completely before applying first coat of chalk paint

IMG_9385.jpeg

Step 2

Allow first coat of chalk paint to dry thoroughly (overnight) before adding second coat of chalk paint

Allow to dry overnight  and buff with clear finishing wax

IMG_9387.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Chalk paint project

What an impressive result, @Wendy56! The decision to try chalk paint was a brilliant choice, and the results speak for themselves – the grinders look stunning after the makeover!

Adding the clear finishing wax is the perfect final touch, giving the grinders a protective and polished look. The entire process shows that you've embraced chalk paint with enthusiasm and skill, and it's exciting to see that you're now inspired to take on bigger projects.

What larger chalk paint projects do you have in mind next, and how has this experience with chalk paint sparked your creativity and passion for other DIY projects?

Well done and many thanks for sharing!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects