Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

D.I.Y Lazy Susan hack: High tea idea

daniknight4
Becoming a Leader

D.I.Y Lazy Susan hack: High tea idea

Recently I made lazy Susan using a bearing plate and a big round board for $10 both from Bunnings. I'd never made one before but I thought I would give it a go and use it for our outdoor table which is 1.5 m x 1.5 m, quite large and difficult to get to the food sometimes if there is a lot on the table and you want something on the other side. I had also planned a high tea so when it came to decorating it I thought I would adorn it to make it look like a big pretty china plate to suit my pretty bone china.

I had an idea to glue it all together rather than following the instructions and screw it on, mainly because I just wanted to do it myself - I didn't have access to the tools - and just do it quickly. I guess it's important to note that it's not the recommended way to assemble and if you need to return it for any reason you probably couldn't if you have already glued it on, but for me and what I wanted it was perfect and I thought I would share it with you. 

To be honest I think the bearing plate didn't have to be as big considering it can apparently hold up to 225kgs😂 so that's a lot of food but anyway it was fine. I would like to make some more actually and just try different styles, it was fun to do, cheap and easy as well as being practical and useful. Video of the whole process here >> https://youtu.be/YaVWNSPYxuc 

15.png

1.png2.png3.png4.png5.png6.png7.png8.png9.png10.png11.png13.pngInspirational too:)Inspirational too:)15.png

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: D.I.Y Lazy Susan hack: High tea idea

What a fantastic project and result, @daniknight4! I love that you've mimicked a large serving plate, and your high tea looks just delightful.

Thanks for sharing your project; I can't wait to see what you contribute next.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
daniknight4
Becoming a Leader

Thank you @MitchellMc it was fun to do😊

RenoRach1
Making a Splash

So elegant, as well as functional!  Really love this idea.  I love hosting high teas so I might have to follow your lead and make my own lazy Susan.

It matches your gorgeous teaset pieces, as well. 😍

Congrats on a beautiful job.

Thank you @RenoRach1. I love looking at it everyday I've got it on our outdoor table and it's so pretty . Functional too:)

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects