Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach a benchtop dishwasher to kitchen tap?

tisme
Growing in Experience

How to attach a benchtop dishwasher to kitchen tap?

is there a single tap that has the screw in end so I can attach a bench top dishwasher ?? ( I live in a rental ) I tried to find an adaptor for this nozzle but there is none.  so it looks like I have to change the whole thing   ( hope this makes sense )

IMG_2770.JPGIMG_2771.JPG

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to attach a benchtop dishwasher to kitchen tap?

Hi @tisme,

Apologies for the slow reply. I'm sure @EricL will be happy to assist as soon as possible. 

In the meantime, I suggest having a good read of this long-running discussion: Benchtop dishwasher tap connections which contains loads of expert advice.

I would also strongly recommend you talk to your landlord. A dishwasher can be an asset to any home so they might consider installing one for you, or at least organise a plumber to ensure your benchtop dishwasher is professionally installed so that there is no potential for costly flooding incidents. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @tisme 

My apologies for the late reply. I went to the store to double check if the Kinetic Adaptor Aerator Kit would fit into your tap end. Unfortunately, the secondary part was too big, and it would not seal properly. 

The options open to you are to either change the tapware that you have or have the plumber attach a washing machine tap under the sink. It would be more practical to link the dishwasher under the sink as this will let you use the kitchen tap even while the dishwasher is running.

Please note that some states require a registered plumber to carry out these changes. I recommend having a discussion with your landlord and informing them of your need to install a dishwasher in the house. If they agree with your proposal, you can then make plans on how to link your dishwasher to the kitchen tap. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

tisme
Growing in Experience

The landlord will let me install the dishwasher providing a licensed plumber does the job.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @tisme 

It's good to know that your landlord has agreed to your plans. I propose speaking to a minimum of two plumbers to find out how much it will cost to attach a dishwasher tap near your kitchen tap. Perhaps they might be able to offer more ideas in regards to tap location. 

Please keep us updated with your progress, we look forward to seeing your dishwasher connected and ready for use.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects