Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect dishwasher water line in island bench?

ajhasti1
Just Starting Out

How to connect dishwasher water line in island bench?

IMG_2911.jpg

Hi everyone, just asking advice on how best to connect our dishwasher to the plumbing here. This is in an island bench and there is no tap to turn on and off the sink mixer that I could replace with one that has an extra outlet. Any ideas on how this is usually done? Thanks

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to best connect dishwasher water line in island bench

Hello @ajhasti1

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about your dishwasher connection.

Generally, I would recommend installing a Brasshards 15mm Chrome Loose Nut Mini Cistern Tap in combination with a Brasshards 15mm Brass Threaded Tee and Brasshards 20 x 15mm Brass Threaded Hex Reducing Nipple along with Brasshards 15mm Brass Threaded Hexagon Nipple. Please make sure to put thread tape on all the threaded brass parts.

However, it looks like you have non-standard fittings under your sink. It looks like you have smaller end connectors for your tap flexi hose. I suggest measuring the brass end connectors of your black pipe and if it turns out that the ends are smaller than the standard 15mm, I propose engaging the services of a registered plumber so that they can change and update the fittings on your inlet hoses. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects