Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to ensure soft close runners match pre drilled holes in Kaboodle cabinet?

margoburl
Finding My Feet

How to ensure soft close runners match pre drilled holes in Kaboodle cabinet?

17122734889167296839039180399066.jpg

Hi.

The holes in the runners and the holes in the cabinet do not align.

Do I use the pre drilled home nearest the front of the cabinet to locate the runner and drill new holes for the rest of the runner?

This would mean the runner protrudes beyond the edge of the cabinet 4mm, with a 10mm gap between the end of the runner and the back of the cabinet.

17122739906354391984868189443918.jpg

Thanks in advance 😁

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to ensure soft close runners match pre drilled holes in Kaboodle cabinet?

Hello @margoburl 

It would be best to have the runner towards the back of the cabinet rather having it protrude at the front. I propose using the pre-drilled spot in the middle. However, the goal is to make sure that the runner does not go past the side of the cabinet. 

When you find that middle spot or the spot that gives you good balance that would be where you need to put the first screw in. Please make sure to use a spirit level to make sure that the drawer runner is level and not leaning up or down. Mark its position well with a pencil and put new screws at the front and back of the runner.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to ensure soft close runners match pre drilled holes in Kaboodle cabinet?

Thanks Eric

I've watched a lot of UTUTube videos now ... everything being square and level seems to be imperative to avoid heartache & insanity 😁

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @margoburl 

I can't emphasize enough that everything be square and level. The last thing you want to happen is to have your drawers sliding open on their own. 

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects