Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install a benchtop dishwasher?

chonchon22
Just Starting Out

How to install a benchtop dishwasher?

Ahh help    , so I have one of these taps and I have tried asking staff at Bunnings for help and no one will tell me what i need , is there a part I can use to connect my dishwasher to the sink ? Or because of my tap will I need to buy a whole new tap ? 

B8DCE61E-A572-44BC-BDB7-A448A69346B6.png

F3BF1201-6B9A-423F-9036-75D956C73272.png

01CB69A8-A4EF-422B-B6DB-1AEFEA094AC2.png

962528C6-8EC0-4E4E-94D5-2F4F9992B281.png

new tap ? 

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: benchtop dishwasher

Hi @chonchon22 

Well you you cant fit in a  underbench washer so

Plan A  Usually dishwashers  are connected under the sink to a dedicated diswasher tap thats attached to a tee join of your sink water supply to achieve this your might consider a hole in your bench to feed the hose down to the new plumbing under sink.

Plan B  is add an ugly tee and a  tape under your  water tap spout top of bench if it is possible so you can connect on top of the bench no holes.

Plan C Run a water line down behind where the dish washer sits may suit your needs

Sometimes you need a  plumber to expoler these options they have all the tools  to make this happen and  spare parts no doubt.

And  then  there s the waste/ water outlet hose I am guessing thats into the sink which is fine . but if your not renting you may want a more satisfactory solution.

Not  a quick simple DIY job Sorry

chonchon22
Just Starting Out

What if we just replace the whole tap ? Issue I have is it can’t get any thing drilled into stone top bench 

@chonchon22 I hear you  re stone top

As far as i know most mixer taps have two hoses in is base going to hot and cold water. which is fine and normal . 15mm off the top of my head  you  need 20mm 3/4  fitting for most dishwashers.  So I am saying I cant see any suitable tapes that will fi t the bill

Is  you sink able to drill into that metal clear of the stone  like your sink mixer  I am thinking adding a new tape with connections under the sink is your best DIY 

Failing that and know one has extra ideas your best bet is calling in aplumber to add a connection for you suited to your  kitvhen hardware,

or something like below screws on your tap nozzle outlet.

Ebay  15mm-23mm Universal Kitchen Hose Adapter Faucet Connector Mixer Hose Adapter FF

Ebay kitEbay kit

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @chonchon22. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing a benchtop dishwasher.

Although these dishwashers sit on top of your benchtop, they're designed to have their pipe hard plumbed. They are not designed to attach to your kitchen tap.

There are several discussions on the community dealing with how to connect these to a standard tap. You might like to check out Benchtop dishwasher tap connections, one of the more comprehensive topics. Due to the variety of tap types, there is no one answer our team can provide you, and you'll likely need to try a few options. Typically our members attempt to connect dishwashers to standard taps. In your case, you have a pull-out nozzle that makes the connection all the more difficult. Replacing the whole tap might make the installation slightly less difficult, but you'll still need to try a few different fittings. There's simply not one fitting that we can suggest that will definitely work for you.

Have a read through the discussion I've linked above, and let us know how you go.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects