Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to make a panel for an integrated dishwasher?

Dee23
Finding My Feet

How to make a panel for an integrated dishwasher?

IMG_6279.jpeg

IMG_6277.jpeg

IMG_6280.jpeg

Hi, I am in need of an integrated dishwasher front panel to be made to match my existing kitchen cabinets.

Please point me in the right direction to make a front panel for a GAGGENAU DF481500 dishwasher (please see photo for further details).

The machine was purchased new and came with metal parts for attaching a front panel.

Thank you for the replies however for some unknown reason the ‘Reply’ function is not working for me. Therefore I have updated my question above. Hope to hear from someone who can assist 🙂

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: How to make a panel for an integrated dishwasher?

A warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, @Dee23. We're delighted to have you join us.

My apologies for the delay in responding to you. Many of our experts and members are away for the year-end holidays. Our resident D.I.Y. Bunnings expert @MitchellMc is helping our members during this busy period and will be happy to provide some advice as soon as he can. Let me also tag our ever-helpful members in @Jewelleryrescue@diy_hausdesigns and @TedBear to see if they have any thoughts.

Thanks for your patience in the meantime.

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi  @Dee23 

I think  we will need the  E-Nr  number located in the top inside of the door as we will needto seethe manufactures prefered way to attach a face  board and handle to the dishwasher itself.  Maybe take a pictuce of the manufactures plate with the E-Nr number.

The  board itself is relative easy we just cant go screwing it into the dish washer randomly we need to research this  a little.

Thank you  for helping us help you.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Dee23,

Do you happen to know the manufacturer of the cabinetry? It would be best to stick with the same cabinetry to get a matching panel for your dishwasher. For instance, we have the Kaboodle 600mm Walnut Modern Cabinet Door or perhaps the Kaboodle 600mm Hazelnut V Modern Cabinet Door, but you'd need to check how closely it matches. Also, double-check the gap width to see whether the 600mm door will fit within the gap. 

I trust the dishwasher was supplied with details on attaching the front panel, and I suspect it would be as easy as following those instructions.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Hello and thank you for your response. The dishwasher brand/model is GAGGENAU DF481500 dishwasher (please see photo for further details).

The machine was purchased new and came with metal parts for attaching a front panel.

I need a panel. Perhaps a cabinet maker is needed?

IMG_6279.jpeg

Hi Mitchell,

Thank you for your message. The E-Nr is DF481500F/08

The dishwasher came with instructions and parts for attaching a front panel to the dishwasher. I need a front panel that fits and that matched my existing kitchen cabinets.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Dee23,

To find a panel that matches your kitchen cupboards, you'd need to know the brand or check out other brands with similar colours in their range. Do you happen to know the make of the cabinetry?

Mitchell

Hi Mitchell,

The dishwasher is a GAGGENAU DF481500F/08

I have looked at the Kaboodle range of cabinetry but am unsure about these things.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Dee23,

The type of dishwasher isn't really of concern; I trust it has a simple method of attaching the panel to its face. The main issue will be finding a matching panel similar to your cabinetry. If you are unsure, perhaps you might like to employ the services of a handyperson to do that leg work for you and match up the colour.

Mitchell

Hi @Dee23 

thanks for the En=R  number i used the gaggenau web site but wouldnt produce a  user manual.  But you allready have  metal brackets and instructions to achieve this task. 

As @MitchellMc  your original cabinate maker would be the best for  producing a  100% matching panel.

But consider there are no rules for having a contrasting panel at need like Marilin Monroe s  iconic wart was used as her beauty mark.

Other wise its a hunt for the best fitting match on the panel color and pattern.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects