Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to paint a fridge?

Salleec
Just Starting Out

How to paint a fridge?

I want to paint an old fridge but NOT white (boring). Given special appliance paint only seems to come in white or maybe stainless steel, is it possible to use regular paint and if so, what sort of preparation will be required - sandpaper, undercoat,  etc?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Painting a fridge

Hello @Salleec

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your question about painting your fridge.

I suggest having a quick look at this discussion - How do I paint a white rusty fridge? by @eriswa. If the surface of the fridge is still in good condition, I suggest using Flexovit 100mm x 1m 400 Grit Wet And Dry Sandpaper Roll to prepare the surface. Wipe it clean with a clean damp rag. When the surface is totally dry you can begin spraying the fridge with the White Knight Rust Guard 400g Grey SLS Etch Primer Spray Paint. When the primer cures, you can then spray paint it with your preferred top coat colour. For an extra layer of protection, you can spray the top coat with a clear coat.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects