Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove chair pads?

Ned1
Getting Established

How to remove chair pads?

3BE865F1-30D1-431F-92C4-D38BA75C0CE9.jpeg

Hi DIYers

just wondering if anyone knows how to remove the back chair pad from this type of chair, or even what this type of chair is called so i can google it? I cant seem to see any screws or any To take it apart, but it does slide up and down a little so i’m wondering if i can just pop it out?

than you!

25FE5F54-CB08-4AE1-9BDD-9B65A2869DFA.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to remove chair pads

Hi @Ned1,

Could you show us the back of the chair and underneath, too, please? That might help identify how the pads are fixed in place. If you can't see any obvious fixings, then they could have used concealed fixings. Some concealed fixings require the destruction of the material covering to reveal. They might have stretched the material over spikes that then get tapped down once the material is in position.

Let me mention @Jewelleryrescue to see if they have any thoughts.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Ned1
Getting Established

Hi!

thanks so much for responding. I just had another look, and managed to pop it out with my trusty butter knife! It looks like it should all go back together really simply after a bit of a revamp. 😊

39DBAC30-1024-411E-82E4-B29BD8297218.jpeg

Hi @Ned1   and @MitchellMc 

Its good to panels popped out and the seat as the normal staple point where hidden, The seat particularly looked  like the materal was stapled to a  base board on top of the seat. But more initial  photos where required to show possible construction from under and  behind which is a  mute point now clearly

By the way that chair leg design is  called  SABRE and the chair is a modern version,

Enjoy your re upholstery project :smile:

Ah great, thanks for clarifying the name of the chair - that’s really good to know!

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @Ned1,

I love a great upcycle project! What are you planning to do with your chairs? 

Katie

Ned1
Getting Established

Hi Katie

I have six of these and the plan is to paint them in white chalk paint and recover in a shabby chic pale pink floral :smile:

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @Ned1,

Oh, that sounds lovely! Please post a photo when you have finished, we would love to see what you've created. 

Katie

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects