Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove product label stain on Bunnings rubber gym bevelled home tiles?

Errol2
Just Starting Out

How to remove product label stain on Bunnings rubber gym bevelled home tiles?

Hi. We bought and laid some rubber 1mt x 1mt bevelled rubber tiles from Bunnings. They look great, But, There was a small triangle product label stuck to the corners of each rubber tile, when we removed them, it's left what looks like a discoloration or some kind of adhesive mark on each tile. Could you please advise how to remove these stains. Regards: Errol.PXL_20240403_234741138[1].jpgPXL_20240403_234757774[1].jpgPXL_20240403_234808692[1].jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Product label stain on Bunnings rubber gym bevelled home tiles

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Errol2. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about removing stains on rubber tiles.

I'm so sorry to hear those marks have been left. I suspect a reasonably strong adhesive has been used to bond to the surface to hold the label in place. I recommend taking these photos into the store where you purchased the tiles from. I trust a helpful manager will be able to suggest a solution, such as providing a small bottle of De-Solv-it 125ml Sticky Spot and Stain Remover, to help resolve this issue.

Do a test section in an inconspicuous location to ensure the cleaner does not react with the rubber matting before committing to the surface.

Before you head off, you might like to try some warm soapy water. If the label adhesive were water-based, this should shift it.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects