Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove stuck dishwasher?

Dallas_Mc
Cultivating a Following

How to remove stuck dishwasher?

IMG_5937.jpeg

IMG_5935.jpeg

Trying to remove our Blanco integrated dishwasher from its cabinet to patch up some gaps behind it causing some draughts.

I’ve tried a few things, removed the door, the screws attached to the side cabinets and brute force but to no avail.

Hoping someone might be able to assist as I don’t want to damage the kitchen bench or side cabinets. I’ve attached some photos showing how tight the space is to the surrounding cabinets.

IMG_5936.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove stuck dishwasher

Hi @Dallas_Mc,

I've had a look through a few Blanco installation manuals, and there doesn't appear to be any hidden mechanism for retaining the dishwasher in the cabinetry. However, the brackets at the top look to be rather proprietary, and it would make sense that these are fixing the machine in place. What happens if you remove the screw? Your last image shows another bracket, but if this is at the rear of the dishwasher, it's likely only there to stop it from being pushed too far in.

The legs of the dishwasher could have been wound up, and the top jammed against the underside of the bench. Try lowering the legs to see if that releases it.

Are you getting any movement at all out of it? Side to side, in and out, or rocking it backwards or forwards?

Please let me know how you go.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects