Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair cracked stone benchtop?

colinweiren
Getting Established

How to repair cracked stone benchtop?

There a crack on the natural stone bench top. (Not sure marble or Caesarstone) It started just a hairline crack but now getting bigger.

What is the best way to restore it and what’s the best product to use?

Thanks

Colin

28267D90-8FFF-4CE9-A35A-DF5ED68720A0.jpeg

BE2EC3BD-6B64-474B-80A8-9A8528D3A217.jpeg

82762812-BE18-41EB-AF4C-36B321F6B2B2.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair cracked stone benchtop ?

Hi @colinweiren,

Unnoticeable repairs on benchtops are really the realm of professionals. Any D.I.Y. repairs you do will be very noticeable, so I recommend you at least get a couple of quotes for the work. If this work is out of your budget then it could be a good opportunity to try out some Kinsugi. A golden highlight along the crack could look quite pleasing, but that's likely down to personal taste.

I can't tell if this is a section that overhangs and, if broken entirely, would fall away. If so, it's best to address this issue as soon as possible to prevent injury if it were to fall.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: How to repair cracked stone benchtop?

Good Morning @colinweiren 

I dont know of anything that could fix it tho I do suggest to support the stone from underneath with another piece of timber. When I did my kitchen years ago I ended up in the same situation (I had 20mm ceaser stone) and the location of the sink with the cupboard mean there was a fair span for the stone to self support. I ended up installing an extra piece of timber placed vertically instead of flat on teh edge of the cupbard to give it ridgility. 

I am not sure from your photo if that is possible but would still look into support the stone even after you repair the crack.

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects