Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to replace window exhaust fan?

rohitbudhiraja
Finding My Feet

How to replace window exhaust fan?

1711107511077.jpg

Can you please assist me in determining how to replace a window exhaust fan with dimensions of 21x21 cm? Is this something that can be done easily, or should I consider hiring a professional for the job?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: window exhaust fan replacement

Hi @rohitbudhiraja,

At a minimum, you'd need an electrician to disconnect this fan and then connect the new one. Depending on the cutout size in the glass, something like the Blauberg 150mm White WIND Window Exhaust Fan could be suitable. This unit's cutout is 180mm.

I would say this is a job for a professional. You might like to take advantage of our exhaust fan installation offer. Simply purchase the unit and installation, organise the installation at the Special Orders desk or online, and a licensed electrician will contact you shortly to install the exhaust fan.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Ben2065
Growing in Experience

Re: How to replace window exhaust fan?

Do you find the exhaust fan to be noisy when running? Does it cause any vibration in the window?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to replace window exhaust fan?

Hello @Ben2065 

The Blauberg 150mm White WIND Window Exhaust Fan has taken vibration into consideration when installed on glass and is probably minimal when installed correctly. The Wind window exhaust fan has a sound rating of 41db which is equivalent to the sound of a refrigerator humming. 

All exhaust fans create sound when in operation except for those that are inline in the ceiling or are too far away to be heard. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects