Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Is it normal for a burst of water after tap replacement?

pikachu
Just Starting Out

Is it normal for a burst of water after tap replacement?

 Hi everyone,

I have recently replaced the kitchen tap and everything went well until I wanted to turn the valve back on. It was alright when I turned on the right valve but once I turned on the left one, there was a small water burst from the connection for 1-2 second and stopped. I then tried to use the tap as normal and seems no further water leak. Just wondering what is the reason of this small burst and is it normal? Otherwise how can I fix it?

Many thanks

IMG_6358.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Is it normal for a burst of water after tap replacement?

Hello @pikachu 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your tap replacement.

If there is currently no leak coming from either tap it's possible that it could have been some trapped air. When you turned the tap back on the sudden rush of water could have sounded like it burst. In the meantime, I suggest keeping an eye out on the taps, inspect them twice a day for at least a week. Once in the morning and once in the evening.

If there is any sign or hint of a leak immediately check your connections perhaps one of them did not sit properly.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects