Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Is it worth painting laminate kitchen cupboards?

tashstewy-2219
Finding My Feet

Is it worth painting laminate kitchen cupboards?

I’m wondering what your thoughts are on laminate painting? I can afford new cupboards but am desperate for a refresh in my kitchen. I’m worried I’ll buy all the products all for it to look streaky or chip, is it a waste of time?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Is it worth painting laminate kitchen cupboards?

Hi @tashstewy-2219,

I would recommend you checking out the collection of 10 kitchens transformed with paint

Many Bunnings Workshop community members have successfully transformed their kitchens. 

That said, you are correct that you do need to select the correct products to use and carefully follow their directions to ensure a fantastic result. The good news is that our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts and other community members here on Workshop will be always happy to help.

Please have a look and let us know if you have any specific questions we can help with. You might also like to share some photos of your kitchen so we can see what you are working with.

Thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Is it worth painting laminate kitchen cupboards?

Hi @tashstewy-2219,

As @Jason has mentioned, many of our members have successfully completed the transformation of their cabinetry and benchtops with laminate paints. The Dulux Renovation range is a favourite, and as long as you follow the application instructions, you won't get a streaky finish. The laminate primer and correct preparation ensure that you'll achieve a durable finish that is resistant to chipping. As with any painted product, it is best to avoid knocking it with hard and sharp objects.

As a quick refresh for tired cabinetry, I trust you'll be impressed with the results.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects