Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kaboodle kitchen renovation

KashiaCherry
Having an Impact

Kaboodle kitchen renovation

What a journey this has been! We started ripping our old kitchen apart in June 2022 and finished installing the new one at the end of October 2022. 

We were tossing up between Kaboodle and Ikea and landed with Kaboodle due to the vast amount of options they provide, from colours to door panel designs to cupboard inserts. 

We decided to tackle as much as we could ourselves considering the overall cost with having to buy a whole new kitchen along with appliances. We lived in the house at the same time too so also had to be very methodical with what we did and when! 

We of course had a sparky and plumber come in to complete the lighting, plumbing and gas works and I did also leave the splash back to a professional....such a large visual piece that relies on being straight...plus the cost of them....they needed to be done right, first go!! 

We built in the wall cabinetry and I'm so glad we did! It wasn't easy and finishing the join between plasterboard and cabinet was no easy feat but we did it! I am so so proud with how much we did and how much we learnt in the process. 

We now have a beautiful, slightly larger kitchen and an abundance of storage. 

(Please look past the flooring for now! We're in the process of picking an engineered oak for it.) 

20221101_124320.jpg

20221101_122906.jpg

20221101_123713.jpg

20221101_124011.jpg

20221101_144559.jpg

20221101_124511.jpg

20220924_115840.jpg

20220731_192440.jpg

IMG-20220709-WA0002.jpg

20200722_102058.jpg

20200722_102106.jpg

20200722_102111.jpg

20200722_102116.jpg

20200722_102127.jpg

KashiaCherry
Having an Impact

Re: Kaboodle Kitchen Heaven!

@KatieC finally up!!

RenoRach1
Making a Splash

Re: Kaboodle kitchen heaven!

Looks so stylish! Your choice of tiles and the two different cabinet colours are stunning. Congratulations!

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @KashiaCherry

Thank you so much for posting those photo updates of your kitchen revamp. It looks absolutely fantastic, the new colour scheme gives it such a fresh new look. The pantry and fridge wall is utilized so much better, the double oven and microwave setup just frees up so much space under the benchtop. 

Again, thank you for sharing your beautiful kitchen update.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you ♡ 

Thanks Eric! I'm so happy with how it's all come together. 

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Kaboodle kitchen renovation

This looks absolutely incredible @KashiaCherry! You should absolutely be proud of what you have created. It looks like you have more storage than one could ever dream of as well. I am loving your colour choices, which did you go with? 

Katie

We used Olive Grove and Cremasala. 

The benchtop is Bambucha :laugh: 

So good @KashiaCherry! Can't wait to see what you tackle in 2023. 

Katie

homeinmelbourne
Becoming a Leader

Wow @KashiaCherry ! I love the shaker cabinet doors, the cabinet storage space on the fridge-side wall and your colour choices!

You should be so proud of your new kitchen. It looks amazing!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects