Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Serving tray

hazesnow
Making a Splash

Serving tray

A23CEA14-BC7D-43D9-B751-43ED3F798C02.jpeg

044EFAFA-CFB4-4631-BB88-F02CAAFE19C3.jpeg

As a team member for Bunnings here in not so sunny at the moment WA, I’m putting together a DIY workshop for gifts for Father’s Day this coming weekend, showing customers how to make serving trays…. So dads can get served breakfast in bed! Hopefully 🙏 

Of course they can also be used long after Father’s Day has passed. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: serving tray

Hi @hazesnow

Thanks for sharing this wonderful idea for Father's Day. If they are just using it as a serving tray they can pretty much customize the finish on it to whatever they want making it a truly personalized gift. 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Serving tray

Hi @hazesnow,

Many thanks for posting. Can you please share all the steps that Workshop members need to take as well as the tools and materials used so the community can build their own serving trays?

Thanks again,

Jason

I really just picked the handles I wanted. On the 450mm round with the plastic still on it, I divided it into 4 triangles to find the centre of where to put the handles on the edge, pre drill 4mm holes all the way through for the handle screws and on the same side pre drill (but not all the way through) with a 3mm drill bit for the feet. 

Screw it all in place and viola there you have it! 

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Love the template you've made up @hazesnow! It looks like it would make these trays super simple to knock up. Were you making some Lazy Susan versions too?

Mitchell

@MitchellMc it does have the lazy Susan template in the centre as well! 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects