Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What glue to use under lino flooring?

keithknott
Just Starting Out

What glue to use under lino flooring?

Hi there,

I have bought lino from bunnings . What glue , if any, can be used so as not to dissolve or damage the under surface of the lino. It is being laid over existing tiles , some of which are cracked.  I have been told that double sided sticking tape can be used but i am not sure about that. 

my other thoughts are quickgrip or silicone sealant that is used around baths might be ok. Your thoughts

keith 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: What glue to use under lino flooring?

Hi @keithknott,

Welcome to Bunnings Workshop. We're pleased to have you join the community and look forward to seeing you successfully install your new floor.

Could you please specify what exact flooring product you have purchased and plan to lay? That way our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. experts and community members can ensure they are recommending the correct installation process.

Many thanks,

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Jason,

the product is gerflor senso practica on a 2 m roll to be placed over ceramic tiles in kitchen ,laundry and bathroom

regards

keith

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @keithknott 

Thank you for sharing that additional information about your lino. It's recommended to use Selleys 350g Kwik Grip Spray Contact Adhesive. Please keep in mind that using this adhesive will anchor the lino to the tile and it will not be easy to remove in the future.

If you are after a moderate installation of the lino, you can use Moroday 40mm x 10m Grey Double-Sided Body Mounting Tape. This will provide a good anchor for the lino and if you need to remove it, pulling it from the corners will not damage the tiles.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects