Workshop
Ask a question

How to fix broken mixer tap handle?

jqi
Just Starting Out

How to fix broken mixer tap handle?

Hi,

help, my mixer tap handle is broken. I’ve changed the washer on a similar model before and I know usually on the hot and cold round knob it can be clipped out which exposes a small hexi screw.

however I can’t locate the knob on this one and hence unable to change out the damaged part. Please help. Photos attached:

IMG_0832.jpeg

IMG_0831.jpeg

  

IMG_0828.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: broken mixer tap handle

Hello @jqi 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your mixer tap handle.

It appears that the pin handle has worn out the threaded side of the base handle. To temporarily hold the pin handle in place, I suggest wrapping the threaded part with plumber's tape and screwing it back onto base handle.

It's possible to order a similar handle from the team at the special orders desk. However, there is no guarantee that it will fit as there are no standard sizes for such handles. It could be close to fitting it could be too tight or not fit at all.   

Your other option is to replace the entire set with a new pullout mixer. I recommend engaging the services of a licensed plumber to replace your kitchen tap so that it is covered under warranty.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects