Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Bed head thoughts? used Bunnings wood bath step

asava17
Growing in Experience

Bed head thoughts? used Bunnings wood bath step

20220619_202909.jpg

20220619_195535.jpg

20220619_202912.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bed head thoughts? used Bunnings wood bath step

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @asava17. It's marvellous to have you join us, and many thanks for sharing your wonderful project.

That's a fantastic use of a timer duck board bath mat. I really love the ingenuity you've shown. You're definitely onto something here, as the bamboo mat looks like it would work quite well too. 

It appears you might have been able to put this project together for a reasonable price. Any idea how much it cost? Also, did you screw the bath mat directly to the uprights?

Great work!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
asava17
Growing in Experience

Hey Mitchell! Dude it cost around $40 all  together! I had three long battens, an old 1.5 shelf  on hand plus the screws. I didn't want to spend $500 on a bed head so I saw these 2 wooden mats at Bunnings and decided to put it together.

Basically I laid everything down, predrilled holes and screwed everything down with dad's screws he had left over

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @asava17

That is an ingenious use of the timber duck board bath mat. I would never have thought of doing something like this with the bamboo duckboard. This is definitely going into my bookmark page for future projects to build.

Thank you for sharing such an excellent idea.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects