Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Do I need to apply more putty to the wall?

Hayaimi
Finding My Feet

Do I need to apply more putty to the wall?

IMG_8913.jpeg

IMG_8914.jpeg

IMG_8915.jpeg

  I wonder do I still have to apply one more layer onto the putty or I can simply sand it and paint on it. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Do I need to apply more putty to the wall?

Hello @Hayaimi 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your wall repair project.

You're doing very well, but I suggest adding more putty to the area that has a small depression in it. My best advice is to add only enough filler so that it is level with the wall. In this manner you won't have to sand off too much filler. Make sure to give the filler enough time to dry off and cure before you start sanding. 

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thanks for your advice! 
I’ve actually covered it with primer coat. Does it matter to level it with the wall. Does it matter once I gently sand it off? (I have copied your advice using primer instead of putty) 

IMG_8916.jpeg

IMG_8917.jpeg

IMG_8918.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Hayaimi 

Now that you have applied the filler, just wait for it to dry off and cure. Once it is hard, I suggest using Rocket Sanding Sponge Kit to level the filler on the wall. Make sure to wipe off all the sanding dust before you start painting the wall.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

Thank you so much for the information. 
Also, the featured filler is comple  dried out can I restore it for use? 

IMG_8954.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Hayaimi 

I'm sorry but once the filler is dry it can't be recovered. The filler must not be left open for long periods of time as it will dry up and become hard. If you look closely at the print at front it says "Rapid 30" which means that the filler will dry up and become hard in 30 minutes once it is used.

Perhaps the bottom is still usable, but you'll need to remove the top portion to see if the bottom is still soft.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

IMG_9354.jpeg

 I would like to know how can I quickly ease the slightly swollen parts in this picture, I tried 120 grits sand paper and it didn’t work. 
also I can’t sand too much as it will make the metal drywall patch visible. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects