Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach a pull up bar to the wall?

naila123
Finding My Feet

How to attach a pull up bar to the wall?

Hi all 

I am wanting to make the below pull up bar for my 8 month old baby. So she can practice standing.

For the bar I was going to buy the 12.7mm dowel. What sort of bracket can I use to attach it to the wall per below picture? The bracket can be metal, just want a secure attachment to the wall. 

wooden pull up barwooden pull up bar

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to attach a pull up bar to the wall

Hello @naila123

Thank you for sharing your question about attaching a pullup bar on your wall. Instead of using timber, I suggest having a look at the Pillar 16mm x 2.0m Brushed Chrome Curtain Rod which fits perfectly on the Sandleford 16mm Stainless Steel Pillar End Fitting Rod - 2 Pack and the Sandleford 19mm Stainless Steel Pillar Centre Fitting Rod. These should be enough to provide adequate support as a handhold. I suggest using the Ramset 8 x 50mm Universal Anchor - 20 Pack to anchor the pillar ends to the wall.

Unfortunately, 12.7 is too small for the Sandleford Pillar ends. However, if wood is the material that you do need, I propose using the 16mm Dowel Tasmanian Oak Select 3.0m instead so that it fits into the pillar ends.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects