Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix damaged plaster wall?

smilereno
Just Starting Out

How to fix damaged plaster wall?

Hey everyone, 

I have a plaster wall that's been damaged due to my egg chair hitting it constantly. There's no hole in the wall but the top layers of the plaster wall are ripping off. Please see the attached photos. 

I'm looking to repair it - any ideas on where to start? 

IMG_7404.jpgIMG_7405.jpg

Thanks!

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to fix damaged plaster wall

All  good @smilereno 

You can  use a ready made repair  kit and  smear  plaster over the damage area and little marks and let it dry and sand if back nice and even.  Repeat this untill wall has no holes /marks  and is  nice and smooth ready  for paint

Can I suggest you buy a section of  ply to  put in front of the wall so the egg  chair  can be used and no damage.  Ply can be painted wall color too.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/gyprock-csr-1-5kg-diy-rapid-plaster-repair-kit_p0730662

Gyprock CSR 1.5kg DIY Rapid Plaster Repair Kit

I/N: 0730662

$33.71

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix damaged plaster wall?

Hello @smilereno 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's wonderful to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your your question about fixing your damaged plaster wall.

That's excellent advice coming from @Jewelleryrescue. I also suggest having a look at this discussion - Plasterboard repair? by @MikeTNZ. The damage does not appear to be too bad. A bit of sanding and filling should have that wall nice and new. 

However, in order to prevent the same thing from happening again, is there any chance that the egg chair can be relocated or moved away from the wall? Otherwise, I recommend going with Jewelleryrescue's suggestions and getting a piece of plywood as protection for that section of the wall.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects