Workshop
Ask a question

How to remove a vertical blind bracket - SORTED

DIYHaveaCrack
Building a Reputation

How to remove a vertical blind bracket - SORTED

I am trying to remove a vertical blind bracket and it refuses to budge. I have pushed back the release clip at the back and the back of the bracket is released but it refuses to come off. It feels like it is still fixed somehow at the front of the bracket. Does it just need some brute force or am I missing part of the process that looks so easy on Youtube. Photo shows the bracket released at the back. Thank you.

Thanks for tips everyone and I got it sorted. A sneaky middle bracket which I didn't see coupled with some stubborness at the front of the blind where it clicked into the bracket sorted with a sharp tap with a hammer! :smile: All three blinds now removed!

20240520_134737_resized.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Trouble removing vertical blind bracket

Hello @DIYHaveaCrack 

Thanks for sharing your question about your vertical blinds. I suspect that the bracket holding your blind needs to be pushed while you are removing the blind. I suggest getting an extra pair of hands and see if by pushing the clip at the same time and pulling at the bar will dislodge it.

However, if you are no longer going to be using the blind, then I suggest using a piece of timber and wedge it at the top to pry it loose. 

Let me call on our experienced members @Dave-1 and @TedBear for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: How to remove a vertical blind bracket?

Good Evening @DIYHaveaCrack 

Trying to take my brain back to the last time I trie dto remove a blind like that... I remember it was a pain and knew I wasnt doing it right,

I think all clips along the length need to be released and out at the same time and that there is something in the middle....

It bugged me so just went and had a look

How to remove a cassette blind from the top fix brackets 

How many of the hidden brackets do you have? @EricL suggested two people and I am heading towards that idea, one person either end and release from the front, bend down and then release from the back (still have that niggling thought of the middletho) Your blind looks ridgid and I am thinking maybe thats why it dosnt want to roll out of the clip so easily.

Dave

TedBear
Kind of a Big Deal

Hi @DIYHaveaCrack , did you get anywhere with the blind removal? If not, I am wondering if you can get your phone camera, or a mirror, up there to see what's going on with that bracket. It should be a matter of twisting it down at the back & moving it towards the back to release it from the front hook.

Thanks yes! A sneaky middle bracket which I didn't see coupled with some stubborness at the front of the blind where it clicked into the bracket sorted with a sharp tap with a hammer! :smile:

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @DIYHaveaCrack 

That's fantastic news! I'm glad you've managed to remove your blind rail. Would it be possible for you to post a photo of the bracket and the inside of your rail? This will definitely serve as a great reference to our members who are in the same situation.

Eric

Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Afternoon @DIYHaveaCrack 

:smile: Love it! Especially that "tap" with a hammer!

Dave

DIYHaveaCrack
Building a Reputation

Sorry Eric. The are all down and gone to the tip shop so the only photos are the ones I supplied originally. New roller blind already installed. :smile:

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @DIYHaveaCrack 

That's ok, I'm glad you've got your new blinds installed. 

If you need assistance with any other projects, please let us know.

Eric

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects