Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair a laminate table?

juan08
Just Starting Out

How to repair a laminate table?

Hi, My table had a small damage and I'd like to know if someone can recommend me how to fix it? 

20231213_185723.jpg

jaiprak
Having an Impact

Re: how to repair this table?

You can use wood filler to fill this area and sand it back flat. The grains are a sticker and you wouldn’t be able to match it unless you stick it completely with a new sticker 

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How to repair a laminate table?

Hi @juan08,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. We're pleased to have you join us. Feel free to post anytime you need a hand. We have helpful and inspiring members sharing ideas and advice on the site every day.

Do you have the piece of laminate that has broken away? If you could let us know it might help our resident Bunnings D.I.Y. expert @EricL and other members to recommend next steps.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
juan08
Just Starting Out

Hi, I missed the part so I don't have it.

Cheers

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @juan08 

My apologies for the late reply. It's great that you've received excellent advice from @jaiprak. Just to add to the suggestions made. I recommend visiting your local store and going to the paint department and looking at the wood fillers available. There are a variety of colours that you can use choose from, my best advice is to go for a light colour that is close the finish of your cabinet. 

I also suggest grabbing some craft paint and blending the colour of the patch on its surface. One other option is to fill the gap and using wood filler and then covering the damage with a small cut off piece of Boyle 1.5m x 45cm Wood Parquet Self Adhesive Film.

If you have any other questions, we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects