Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to restore a leather couch?

mulezkapez
Just Starting Out

How to restore a leather couch?

IMG_20231223_122144.jpg

IMG_20231223_122151.jpg

Jewelleryrescue
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: How to restore a leather couch?

Hi  @mulezkapez

I would  use gray shoe polish to fill the cracks and  recolor then shiny the shoe polish so it wont come of and  stain clothes.

After  i would use some leather conditioing cream  to re moisturise  leather, and help seal new  gray color.

Oakwood 350ml Household Leather Conditioning Cream 

I/N: 0163666

$8

• Based on natural ingredients including beeswax, lanolin, eucalyptus oil, tee tree oil & emu oil
  • Rejuvenate leather to a luxurious finish for a longer life
  • Non toxic formula, safe to use in and around the home
  • Builds a natural barrier for waterproofing
  • Made in Australia
Care for your leather like you would your own skin. Oakwood leather conditioning cream provides long term moisturising protection against stains, ageing, dehydration and cracking to all fully pigmented smooth leather goods: including leather lounges, sofas, leather accessories and automotive interiors.

Plan B   buy lounge cover protectors made from  material  to  hide the  cracks in the leather.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to restore a leather couch?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @mulezkapez. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about restoring a leather lounge.

Some great advice from the knowledgeable @Jewelleryrescue there. You really want to be using a nourishing and conditioning product to avoid discolouration and cracking. At this point, you'll need to dye the cracked area or use shoe polish before then nourishing the leather to prevent further damage.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects