Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Install of Scandia fireplace using existing flue

luisa1
Just Starting Out

Install of Scandia fireplace using existing flue

2CF3335C-262A-4955-A23E-43FF394D3D44.jpeg

Hi everyone,

im looking at buying the Scandia Warmbrite 300 for my home.

at present the location for the fireplace has an existing flue system from an old fireplace. I’m hoping that all I need is the place the fireplace in and add an extension for within the house to connect the fireplace to the existing flue system. I would then have the flue services and cleaned by a professional.

Do Bunnings or scandia have a product that is suitable for this as installing a whole new flue kit seems unnecessary. The diameter of the existing flue kit is 152.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Install of Scandia Fireplace

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @luisa1. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about installing a Scandia wood-fired heater.

You'll need to go through the installation requirements for your new Scandia heater and make sure that your existing flue installation is compatible with them. The Scandia heaters are designed to have a Scandia flue kit attached to them. As long as it complies with requirements, I would imagine that there is no reason you couldn't use the existing flue. 

Given that it's imperative that the joining connection is sealed adequately, it would be my advice to consult with a professional wood fire installer. They will be able to check the current flue system for compatibility, make the joining piece to the correct size and they'll ensure that installation is done to specifications. Scandia heaters run with a 152mm flue size, so what you have there should be a direct fit.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects