Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Junk cupboard to mudroom entrance conversion

anna92
Building a Reputation

Junk cupboard to mudroom entrance conversion

This is the first thing to see when we walk into our home. Once a dumping ground of a cupboard with plain white doors. It just was a bit of an eyesore. We were inspired by conversions online and always wanted a mudroom and  Now we have a spot for our shoes, organised storage and overall aesthetically a nicer looking entrance that adds more style to our home.

20230206_143639.jpg

Materials

Timber framing, timber bench seat, Varnish, gold hooks and paint from Bunnings.

We had left over green tiles from our bathroom reno that we thought would look perfect with the colour scheme.

Paint is Dulux Linseed.

received_1445620619521980.jpeg

Tools

Steps

Step 1

20230206_150031.jpg

I'm no good explain but basically, took our the layout, ripped carpet up. 

Took the random divider out. You can see there is actually a random tap in the corner.

Installing the timber frames after prepping the floors and walls and managed to hide the random tap.

Then adding the timber boards and timber bench seat along tiles.

And finally paint and Varnish and adding the Last styling designs

20230224_121703.jpg

20230221_152723.jpg

20230213_145956.jpg

20230209_105012.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Junk Cupboard to Mudroom Entrance Conversion

Hello @anna92 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's marvellous to have you join us, and thank you for sharing your mudroom entrance conversion.

What a wonderful transformation. It is so much more inviting now and those green tiles really draw the eye. The Dulux linseed colour you chose is just sublime. It provides just enough contrast without overpowering the wall colour. How long did the entire renovation take?

Again, thank you for sharing such an amazing project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Home Improvement Guru

Re: Junk cupboard to mudroom entrance conversion

Good afternoon @anna92 

Definently better looking and so much more useful now! I have an alcove in my entry foyer and have considered a bunch of ideas from tall vertical cupboards ect but now I will add your idea to the list :smile: 

I really like the paneling effect and the hutches up top. Perfect for the Christmas deco boxes you need to store :smile:

Dave

anna92
Building a Reputation

Re: Junk Cupboard to Mudroom Entrance Conversion

Thankyou Eric, I would say in total a casual 4 days. However between work it was definitely weekend work so it was looking half done for about 2 weeks before completetion

anna92
Building a Reputation

Re: Junk cupboard to mudroom entrance conversion

Thanks Dave, I didn't even think of Christmas stuff but what a good idea. Admittedly there's still nothing in the boxes .

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects