Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Laminate 12mm or Hybrid 7.5mm flooring for living and bedrooms?

Natalie4
Finding My Feet

Laminate 12mm or Hybrid 7.5mm flooring for living and bedrooms?

What is preferable to install a 12 mm thick Classic water resist Laminate  or a 7.5 mm thick Hybrid in living and bedroom. Pros and cons.  

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Laminate 12mm or Hybrid 7.5mm for living and bedrooms

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Natalie4. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about flooring.

Choosing between a 12mm water-resistant laminate and a 7.5mm waterproof hybrid flooring for living and bedroom spaces hinges on factors like design choices, moisture resistance, durability, and budget. The 12mm laminate offers decent water resistance and affordability, but it falls short of the waterproof capabilities, long-term durability and design choices of hybrid flooring. In contrast, the 7.5mm hybrid flooring excels in moisture resistance, durability, and ease of maintenance, making it ideal for areas prone to spills and high traffic. 

Overall, waterproof hybrid flooring is the superior choice and is hard to go past.

Here's a helpful guide: How to install vinyl plank flooring.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Laminate 12mm or Hybrid 7.5mm for living and bedrooms

Hi Mitchell,

Thank you very much for your professional explanation, it'll help me in my choice. 

Best regards.

Nataliya

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects