Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Privacy screen turned into a bedhead

Lee19
Getting Established

Privacy screen turned into a bedhead

So bought a broken privacy screen off Marketplace. Repaired the broken panel removed the hinges and cut the legs off. Made a frame with pine battens glued the panels together and attached to pine frame and created a beautiful bedhead. 

90661598-4346-4DB2-AD45-F185CA32B96D.jpeg

D77572CE-FDD9-4EE7-8940-2E55B3E87DE6.png

D7E2F480-E51E-4B4D-8212-EAF77F6526FF.jpeg

Akanksha
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Re: Privacy screen transformed into a bedhead

Yet another terrific project, @Lee19! You've definitely got an eye for how dated and broken furniture can be repurposed into something beautiful and functional.

Your bedroom styling is also on point and has a relaxed, Bohemian vibe to it. I won't be surprised if this project makes it to our list of unique bedheads and nib walls one day. What was the toughest part of this project, and how did you overcome it?

Thanks for sharing this beautiful project, and looking forward to seeing more of your work. 

Akanksha

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Lee19
Getting Established

Re: Privacy screen transformed into a bedhead

Thank you so much Akanksha. I just love making broken things and unwanted timber into something beautiful. Nothing in this project was difficult. Just needed a bit of problem solving. Have another couple of pieces that I made myself and also have repurposed a few pieces of furniture. I will post them when I get a chance ♥️♥️

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects