Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Queen-sized bed converted to outdoor chair

moodybyname78
Cultivating a Following

Queen-sized bed converted to outdoor chair

50D25A50-930B-4895-BFAE-CAC1551B0454.jpeg

Found a Queen bed on verge collection and converted it to an outdoor chair. Cut and shortened the bed end and attached them the the bed head. Used the sides as the front and back of the chair and the slats as the base. Sanded it down and painted it, found a piece of foam, cut it to size and made a cover for it 

A6E0C868-3759-4459-ABE3-7197458F192C.jpeg

7E7A0747-C7F4-4504-8BC3-99C4DF33382A.jpeg

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Queen-sized bed converted to outdoor chair

Clever idea @moodybyname78.

Let me tag the always creative @LePallet and @Yorky88 so Rylie and Marty can see what you have done. I'm sure they will be inspired. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Baretta11
Becoming a Leader

@moodybyname78 

What a fantastic idea.

I had an old book case and I made two shelves out of it as I didn't need a book case and it turned out great as did your outdoor bench seat.

Cheers,

Barbara

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @moodybyname78

This is a very clever use of the bedframe. Instead of being thrown into the tip and being buried in a landfill, you've managed to give it a second life. I really had to take a second look as appearances it looks like you built it from scratch, but on closer inspection, I saw how you've modified the bed frame.

Thank you for sharing your outdoor chair project.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
moodybyname78
Cultivating a Following

Thank you. Yeah this was one of the first ones I did. I sold it. I just cut the bed end in half then shortened them because I felt that it was too long. I’ve made another one since. My wife loves it. My next one I’m going to try and make it into a day bed but incorporate a pull out section so it converts into a queen bed for guests 

moodybyname78
Cultivating a Following

thank you. I’m sure that it was a better decision turning them into shelves rather than throwing them away. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects