Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Rattan cabinet with puppy toilet

BradEldo
Finding My Feet

Rattan cabinet with puppy toilet

I purchased 10 rattan cabinets from Kmart (left the legs off, took off the leg base plates) and screwed them all together. I cut out and put moulding on the outside of the base cabinet on either side to create an area for puppy pads where our Chihuahuas are trained to go the toilet. They could be used for litter trays also. I painted the entire unit, attached it to the wall and then put some silicon matting on the bottom of each puppy pad area (in case of leaks), before adding disposable puppy pads. It's a favourite with the wife and the dogs. Works great for a fraction of the price of a similar unit.

Materials

Kmart Rattan Cabinets x 10

kmart Silicon Feeding Mats x 2

Sanding Block (for a light sand prior to painting)

British Paints Paint and Prime White Paint

Screws and Wall Attachment Hardware

Tools

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Rattan Cabinet with Puppy Pad or Litter Tray Cut Outs

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @BradEldo. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your sharing this wonderful project.

What a great use for those cabinets, and the whole project has come up a treat. I'm sure you're pleased with the results! The idea of including the puppy toiletry area is really unique and I love that you've incorporated it into the build.

This would make a great entry into our D.I.Y. July project search, so I've gone ahead and entered it for you.

Many thanks for sharing, and I can't wait to see what project you're up to next!

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects