Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Simple shelf

sudarsoe
Cultivating a Following

Simple shelf

A quick weekend project, replacing an ugly white melamine builder shelf in my daughter bedroom

20211004_193539.jpg

20211004_193552.jpg

Prof
Becoming a Leader

Re: Simple shelf

Hello sudarsoe..

and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community..

Your project looks like very nice idea and I'm sure many people would like to know more about it..

We wish you every success with your entry..

Prof

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @sudarsoe,

Let me also extend a warm welcome from the community. It is great to have you join us and share your simple shelf project. I agree with @Prof, we would love to know how you made this as many of our community members get inspired by projects and will want to make one themselves. 

Well done!

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
sudarsoe
Cultivating a Following

No worries.

started by ripping out the existing melamine white shelf and the supporting packer underneath.

Then, go to bunnings (hahhaa. My fave shop)

I use interbuild project panel and cut to desired length, 450 wide is enough for shelf (hanger should be 350 from wall)

I use the galv pipe for support (can be spray painted if you don't like it raw)

Fix the angle panel to the wall for positioning (1 screw is enough) then fix the metal pipe to the wall and under the panel for support.

Cheers

KatieC
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi @sudarsoe,

Thank you for sharing your project process, I think this will be a favourite project for many to admire and replicate. I like that you chose to keep the pipes a raw colour, it gives it a bit more of an industrial feel. 

Great work. Looking forward to seeing more amazing projects from you.

Katie

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects