Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Tiled side table

sammilne
Having an Impact

Tiled side table

I created this table using PVC pipes, Kit kat tiles and a terrazzo tabletop. 

I started with 5 sheets of kit kat tiles and two 1.2m long PVC pipes. I measured the length of three kit kat tiles and cut the pipes to length. Next I gave the pipes a quick sand and applied 1 and a half sheets of tiles to each pipe using Selleys Hold Up Glue. I then used Ardex Flexible Grout in white to grout the tiles. 

Once the grout was set I used Selleys Hold Up glue to attach the table top. For the table top I used a terrazzo top from a Bunnings outdoor table, but you could also use one of the Bunnings wooden rounds and paint it white.

I love this simple little diy and it looks great next to an occasional chair! 

PXL_20220804_015958921.PORTRAIT.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Tiled side table

Lovely work, @sammilne! You've ended up with a terrific result there. Would you say that most members should be able to build this themselves? How long did it take you to create? Do you have any in-progress photos you could share?

I'm sure our members will be inspired by your excellent work, and many thanks for sharing it with us.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lovely work @sammilne. Many thanks for sharing. I'm sure other members will find this little project very inspiring. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Remarka6le
Amassing an Audience

This looks great, @Sammi, never would have thought to have used PVC pipes as table legs, well done! 

Remarka6le

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects