Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Wagner W200 electric paint sprayer review and small furniture upcycle

daniknight4
Becoming a Leader

Wagner W200 electric paint sprayer review and small furniture upcycle

It was my birthday recently and my kids gave me an electric paint sprayer, the Wagner W200, purchased from Bunnings. I have never used one before, I normally use a paint brush and I enjoy that, but I thought if I start to flip my little makeovers it may look more professional if I use a paint sprayer. I decided to try it out on a little bedside table that was being given away on the side of the road and then sell it on the Facebook Marketplace. I was really pleased with the result although there were a few things I learned. I actually watered the paint down more than it recommended and applied more coats, I adjusted the nozzle so that the spray was finer and didn't come out as thick and realized it would be advisable to paint in a protected area as the wind outside created a problem at times with overspray and particles falling on the wet paint.

I was surprised how fast I was able to paint my project compared to using a paint brush as well as the smooth professional quality of the painted finish. I have added some photos of the unboxing and the table upcycle and also a video on my project. I'm pleased to say I was able to flip the piece and after advertising it I sold it the next day!

Unboxing my birthday present, the Wagner W200 paint sprayer!Unboxing my birthday present, the Wagner W200 paint sprayer!This model is electric and needs to be plugged into a power source.This model is electric and needs to be plugged into a power source.This adjusts the paint flow.This adjusts the paint flow.The nozzle can be adjusted to paint horizontally, vertically or reach corners.The nozzle can be adjusted to paint horizontally, vertically or reach corners.My trusty wood filler to fill in the old drawer handle holes.My trusty wood filler to fill in the old drawer handle holes.I sanded the filler and also the cabinet.I sanded the filler and also the cabinet.Time to paint!Time to paint!I used wooden jar lids as handles and covered plain placemats with pretty wallpaper to adorn the drawers.I used wooden jar lids as handles and covered plain placemats with pretty wallpaper to adorn the drawers.I also lined the drawers with the same wallpaper.I also lined the drawers with the same wallpaper.A coat of clear matte varnish should hopefully protect the top from wear and tear.A coat of clear matte varnish should hopefully protect the top from wear and tear.The little 'before' table I picked up off the side of the road was in not too bad condition.The little 'before' table I picked up off the side of the road was in not too bad condition.The little bedside table after a spray paint and decorative touches.The little bedside table after a spray paint and decorative touches.The lined drawers were an added touch.The lined drawers were an added touch.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Wagner W200 Electric Paint Sprayer Unboxing PLUS Small Furniture Upcycle

So great to see our members reviewing products and being delighted with the results @daniknight4. You'll find that with practice, you'll become very in tune with the machine and get even better results. I have the Wagner W100 Wood And Metal Paint Sprayer and can, after some practice, run it at full flow. I admit I need to move very quickly when I do, as it lays on so much paint. Your experience mimics mine in that I water the paint down more than what is recommended.

A piece of advice that I don't always follow is to become familiar with disassembling the unit and thoroughly cleaning it at the end of the day. It's straightforward to do, and you can throw the nozzle parts in some warm soapy water and give them a scrub with a toothbrush. Paint buildup in the nozzle and clogged components is the number one reason for poor performance in these types of sprayers.

Many thanks for sharing your experience with our members and your neat furniture flip project.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: Wagner W200 Electric Paint Sprayer Unboxing PLUS Small Furniture Upcycle

@MitchellMc Thank you for the advice. I definitely need practice painting and cleaning the system afterwards. I hope I cleaned it properly actually,  I guess I'll find out when I go to use it next time😁

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects